From the Therapy - Add screen, you can prescribe medicines and appliances, from the Gemscript drug dictionary. The following topics are available to help you with this process, select a topic below to expand the section:
In Scotland - ePharmacy - Scotland
- For advice about Nurse prescribing, see Nurse Prescribing/Non-Medical Prescribers for details.
- For an explanation of repeat dispensing, see Repeat Dispensing for details.
- For help with instalment prescribing, see Instalment Dispensing for details.
- For help with Medication Reviews, see Adding a Medication Review for details.
- For help with keyboard short cuts, see Short Cut Keys for details.
- For help with prescribing High Risk items, see Methotrexate Warnings for details.
Once a drug has been prescribed, drug checks are made against the patient's specific entries of history and other therapy for contra-indications and interactions, and for drug doubling, see Drug Checks for details.
If a new repeat master, reauthorisation of a repeat master, or an acute therapy, you can be prompted to associate the therapy with a problem, see Problem Settings for details.